Saturday, August 7, 2010

The sweetest thing...


Today is Isaac's 4th birthday. Oh, how the Lord has blessed me with his life. He has made breathing so much easier for me. I remember the first time I felt him move inside of my body. I was sitting with my mom at my apt - "The garden" is what P and I called it - in the lazy boy. We were talking about who knows what when I felt a little nudge. It was a flutter the smallest tickle inside. It kind of felt like that dizzy feeling you get in your tummy the first couple of times you are around a new love, "butterflies." It wasn't until that moment that I actually realized he was apart of me. I had the knowledge that I had this little "parasite" living off of my body and off of everything I was and had become, but I had no real understanding of the love I innately had for him. It was overwhelming. I looked up at my mom and said "I think he just moved!"


Everyday I wake up and make a conscious decision that I will choose to love P more today than I did yesterday. It is a choice. I never made that choice with Isaac. At that moment, I was overwhelmed with a love that I had no idea even existed, one in which I knew was unconditional. No matter what he chooses to do with his life, I will love him.


To know that this is the way the Lord loves us and him gives me feelings that I had no idea I even knew how to feel. No words. Love is the sweetest thing life has to offer. The greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment